Wednesday 6 February 2013

Turkey Pesto Meatballs

I took this amazing recipe from @theKitchn on Twitter.  I did not make the homemade tomato sauce on the recipe since I make big batches of my own marinara sauce to freeze.  I will one day do the whole recipe with the sauce listed.  My 6-year old son, my husband and I LOVE these meatballs.  I used store bought pesto and regular breadcrumbs, although I would use the panko next time (I thought I had some in my pantry).  I also shaped my meatballs larger since I served them over pasta for my family.  For the whole recipe please visit  http://www.thekitchn.com/summer-entertaining-recipe-turkey-pesto-meatballs-with-homemade-tomato-sauce-171844



1 pound ground turkey
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/3 cup pesto
1/3 cup grated Parmesan
2 eggs
Salt
Pepper

1. Preheat oven to 350F.  Mix the ground turkey, pesto, Parmesan, eggs, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper until just combined.  Be careful not to over mix.  Wet your hands and form meatballs (about 1 inch) and place on non-stick baking sheets (or baking sheets sprayed with non-stick cooking spray).  Space meatballs evenly without crowding.

2.  Bake until browned on the bottom, about 10 minutes.  Turn using tongs and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until browned on the other side.  Remove from oven and gently place in pot with simmering sauce.    Be sure meatballs simmer in sauce until cooked through, about 10-20 minutes. 

3.  Serve meatballs in sauce with toothpicks while warm. 




No comments:

Post a Comment