Tuesday 18 December 2012

Yorkshire Pudding

I LOVE Yorkshire pudding and I have tried lots of recipes but this one seems to work the best for me.  This recipe is taken from The Best of Bridge series, The Best of the Best.  I am not a red meat eater, so I of course tried making this recipe with butter and I tried with oil, neither worked as good as the beef drippings.  So, I make an exception in this case.  I also use 2% milk and never skim. My husband made a roast, so in my picture below is my dinner of salmon, yams, and a popover. 



1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup water
Melted butter or oil

1.  In a blender mix flour, salt, milk, eggs and water.  Blend well and leave at room temperature for 1 hour.  Every time you walk by - Give it a whirl! 
2.  When roast is done, remove from oven and cover with foil to keep warm.  Preheat oven to 400F.  Pour 1 Tbsp (15 ml) beef drippings, melted butter or oil into 8 medium muffin tins.  Place in oven until bubbling hot. (Watch closely because you don't want the butter to burn.)
3.  Remove from oven and pour batter into hot butter.  Bake at 400F for 20 minutes and then at 350F for 10 minutes longer.  Yorkshire will puff up and be hollow inside.  Serve immediately with gravy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment