Wednesday 12 December 2012

Rudolph's Christmas Sugar Cookies


This cute cookie recipe was taken from myrecipes.com.  I used this recipe as a guideline, since I changed it up a bit.  I would never buy pre-packaged cookie dough, since I find it super salty, so I used one of my own cookie batters for this recipe.  I choose a peanut butter cookie since I love pretzels, chocolate and peanut butter together.  I used the Peanut Butter Capers recipe found on this blog.  I did use a 3-inch round cutter but I flattened my dough to less than 1/4-inch thickness, since the dough would spread.  I just used random pretzel pieces that I cut with a knife for the antlers.  I also used regular sized chocolate chips for the eyes and red and brown M&M's for the nose.  



1 (16.5-oz.) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
36 pretzel twists
36 semisweet chocolate mini morsels
18 red cinnamon candies
1. Freeze dough 15 minutes.

2. Roll dough to a 1/4-inch thickness on a floured surface. Cut dough with a 3-inch round cutter, and place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using thumb and forefinger, pinch opposite sides of each slice about two-thirds of the way down to shape face.

3. Break curved sides away from center of each pretzel twist to form antlers. Press bottom of 1 set of antlers on each side at top of each reindeer face.

4. Bake at 350° according to package directions or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; press in 2 chocolate mini morsels for eyes and 1 red cinnamon candy for nose. Let cool 1 minute on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks; cool 20 minutes or until completely cool.
Makes 1 1/2 dozen

Find out which ingredients are on sale at your local stores:



Select your favorite stores: [Select All Stores]

(There are 3 total deals near you)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment