Monday 3 October 2011

Salmon with Lemon, Dill and Arugula in Panini

I treated myself to this wonderful sandwich today at lunch. I only wish I knew of this sandwich when I was in Banff with the girls. Terri I could have used your last-minute-decision-can-of-salmon to make you guys this great lunch! This recipe was taken from Food and Drink magazine (compliments of the LCBO) Autumn 2007.






2 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tbsp finely diced red or green onion
1 tsp drained and rinsed capers, chopped
160g can salmon, drained well
1 tbsp fresh dill
3 tbsp spreadable cream cheese
2 of your favorite buns such as panini or focaccia or 4 slices of sourdough
Arugula leaves


1. Place mayo, lemon juice, red onion, and capers in a bowl. Stir. Using a fork, mix in salmon.
2. In a separate bowl, stir dill into cream cheese. Slice buns in half horizontally. Spread bottom half of each with cream cheese. Top with salmon mixture then Arugula. Top with other half of buns to make sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment