Sunday 2 October 2011

Bacon Omelette Roll with Salsa

I did not make this with the salsa, as I don't like the two together.  This recipe would work great on a brunch menu, or if you are feeding lots of people for breakfast.  I substituted the bacon with turkey bacon.  I also topped the roll with cheese instead of putting it on the eggs before rolling it up.  This recipe was taken from Kraft Foods "What's Cooking" magazine Spring 2010.





8 eggs
1 cup milk
1/3 cup flour
1 red pepper, finely chopped
4 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
3 green onions
1 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
1 cup Kraft Mozza-Cheddar shredded cheese
1 cup salsa, warmed

1. Heat oven to 350F.  Line 15x10x1-inch pan with parchment paper, with ends extending over shortest sides of the pan.  Spray with cooking spray.
2.  Beat eggs, milk and flour in large bowl with whisk until well blended.  Stir in next 4 ingredients; pour into prepared pan.  Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until edges are almost set.  Top with cheese; bake 2 minuntes or until melted.
3. Roll up omelette immediately, starting at one short end and peeling off paper as omelette is rolled.  Place on platter into slices.  Serve with salsa.



1 comment:

  1. It's the perfect lake dish Krista! It makes lots. Bill had the leftovers the next morning and it reheated well. I could rate my recipes, but I do only post the ones I think are really good. I don't post recipes I don't really care for...like that hummus I made you guys...it never made it here. :)

    ReplyDelete