Thursday 2 May 2013

Subway Cookie Recipe

I took this recipe from Twitter. @CookiesRecipes (www.bestcookierecipe.net) I have a scale so I weighed the 4 ounces of the instant vanilla pudding mix and it works out to be 3/4 cup.  With my first batch of cookies I rolled exactly a 1" ball and slightly flattened them. I cooked them for 8 minutes. The cookies came out too small and the bottoms were really brown. In the next batch, I made the cookies larger by 1/2" and I really flattened them with my hand and they turned out way better. I'm not sure if they taste like the Subway version. (I may have to get some taste testers)  I'd make these again regardless if they taste the same or not....these cookies are really good.



2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup butter, room temperature
1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
4 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine flour and baking soda and set aside.
3. Blend together butter, sugars and pudding mix until smooth and creamy.
4. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.  Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture.
5. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
6. Roll mixture into 1" balls and flatten slightly.
7. Place balls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment