Thursday 25 October 2012

Butterfinger-chunk Cookies

These are now my favorite cookie!  The recipe was taken from "The Bon Appetit Cookbook" by Barbara Fairchild.  I could not find the Butterfinger BB's that were asked for in the recipe, so I just cut up a Butterfinger bar.  I used 3 of them and it worked out to 1 1/2 cups.  I also did not add the salt since I used salted butter.  I also did not cool my dough in the fridge since it wasn't moist, as the recipe suggests it would be. (A further note on the Butterfinger BB candies...I had 2 friends looking in the States for them in 3 different places, Grand Forks, Vegas and Minneapolis and nothing was found.  I'm assuming they are not made anymore)



1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups Butterfinger BB's candies (about five 1.7-ounce packages)

1.  Using an electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars in large bowl until well blended.  Add egg and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy.  Beat in flour, salt, and baking soda.  Stir in candies (dough will be moist).  Chill dough at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.

2.  Preheat oven to 350F.  Line 3 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.  Drop dough by heaping tablespoons onto prepared sheets, spacing 3 inches apart (about 8 cookies per sheet, cookies will spread).  Bake cookies until golden brown, about 12 minutes.  Transfer parchment with cookies to racks and cool completely.  (Can be prepared 4 days ahead.  Store in airtight container at room temperature).
MAKES ABOUT 24

No comments:

Post a Comment