Tuesday 3 January 2012

Turkey and White Bean Chili

Although, this recipe is really good, there is room to add a little more spice. I used ground chicken since I couldn't find ground turkey. I also used red pepper instead of green. This recipe is taken from The $10.00 Gourmet by Ken Kostick.
(I made this recipe a second time and used ground turkey.  I also used 1 1/2 teaspoons of chili powder, 1 teaspoon oregano, and 1 teaspoon basil.  I used the whole can of white beans and I added just a bit more corn.)



2 tbsp (30ml) olive oil
1 lb (500g) lean ground turkey
1 small onion, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 small green bell pepper, chopped
1 28oz (796ml) can diced tomatoes
1 cup (250ml) cooked or canned white kidney beans
1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock, more if needed
1/2 cup (125ml) kernel corn, frozen or canned
2 tbsp (30ml) liquid honey
1/2 tsp (2ml) dried basil
1/2 tsp (2ml) dried oregano
1/2 tsp (2ml) chili powder
1/2 tsp (2ml) sea salt
1/2 tsp (2ml) ground black pepper


1. Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized pot. Sauté the ground turkey until cooked.
2. Add the onion, celery, and green pepper, and sauté for 4-5 minutes, or until the vegetables are translucent.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients and simmer on low for 15 minutes. Add more stock if it's too thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment